Monday, April 10, 2006

I've got it bad...

...the sewing bug, that is. Hence, the reason I haven't posted in over a week! Sorry. But it may be this way for a while. With packing, moving, unpacking and room-painting I hadn't even glanced at my sewing machine since last summer, when I was madly making these for my friend Holly's backyard Art in August gathering.

But then a few weeks ago someone asked if I was going to be making my apron-dresses again and now suddenly, bam! I'm back at it and involved in three different crafty shows all coming up in the space of two weeks. I've concocted an apron-skirt as well, and am also working on an open-sided tunic style top. In addition to that I actually sat down, took some time, faced my fears, and figured out how to make something following a real pattern. Shazam! I made some pants and a peasant top for Zöe! Thank you, Rebecca, for kindly explaining how to put the leg inside of the leg for easy crotch seam sewing on the pants. I never would have figured that one out without your explanation!

So this newfound pattern thing has opened up a whole new world of possibilities and I absolutely can't stop thinking about sewing. Can't. Stop. When I get even better I want to make some of these! I'll post more information on the shows as the days approach, and more photos of dresses and such as well. For now, you'll just find me sewing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to hang out today. You always make me feel so re-energized. I'm so happy for you and all your upcoming craft shows -- I know you'll sell tons of stuff. Just when I'm feeling so lazy and unproductive, you kick it into high gear!

Anonymous said...

Go you! I'll have to live vicariously though you as I wind down on the sewing front. I love that picture of Zoe - the colors are stunning!

Joanna said...

What cute little outfits on Zoe. You're going to be so busy--3 craft shows, wow!--but it sure sounds like fun. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Zoe is adorable!ACK! I heart your sweet dresses! They are really too cute. Nice job! and good luck with the shows.

weirdbunny said...

Just stumbled upon your site, those dresses are just so stunning yet practical, perfect for little girls.

andrea said...

oh my goodness... the dress is of the utmost cuteness.

textile_fetish said...

Ack! You make me want to buy new fabric! Just let me get through this month. That sewing bug is contagious. You should be quarantined!

Just kiddin'. Your creations are inspirational.