Saturday, April 07, 2007

Hippity Hoppity


This photo was taken of me and my bestest cousin Jubal around 1977-1978, maybe? I don't remember the event at all (Jubal...do you?), but I do know that we were at the Lloyd Center. Nowadays it's just a regular, encolsed, everyday mall, but back then it looked like this. Oh, if only they had embraced its open-air Mid Century coolness and left it alone, just think of the fun we'd have!

Anyway, Happy Easter and Happy Spring! Here's yet another photo of the mantle, now fancied up with tissue paper finery from this place, the most addictive store in town.



And I'll leave you with this little blast from the past, a commercial my brother and I absolutely loved. Thanks Easter Bunny, Bawk, Bawk!

6 comments:

laura capello said...

i love your pretty shiny blue jacket.

Keith said...

Hi Meegan!

Thanks so much for the link to Malls of America in this post! I really appreciate it, and I also love this photo. :D

Hey, would you mind if I posted it on MOA--since it was taken inside a vintage Lloyd Center, it would be perfect there. I'll credit and link back to you here, of course. Please let me know, and thanks again.

Happy Easter!
Keith
Malls of America

andrea said...

look at how cute you were! we used to get our picture taken with the easter bunny too. I'm not usre why I haven't thought to do that with the kids yet...? ava was asking me about it the other day and I was made to feel like a horrible mother. and-- ward was just at the lloyd center saturday. he got a kick out of that link! too bad it doesn't look that way anymore.

also-- loooove your easter-themed mantle! the color is so fantastic. please tell me you're going to take me to the party place. please. I beg of you.

pedalpower said...

Wow, that is the happiest decorating! Love it!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I *loved* that commercial when I was young! And your mantle was gorgeous.

Hope you had a good holiday!

Anonymous said...

hey,is your cousin Jubal a professional violinist, by chance? (I'm acquainted with just such a gentleman) The name is so distinctive - there cannot be all THAT many guys running around (about that age) named Jubal.
best,
j.
jsauer013167@hotmail.com