Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Run, Don't Walk

Recently my friend Joyce, who lives in Pittsburgh, sent me some photos of her amazingly beautiful handmade Christmas ornaments and garlands. She uses different fabrics mounted on card stock with finished edges of silver chenille pipecleaners and glitter. The effect is amazing, vintage and very unique. If I happen to get one for Christmas (hint hint) I'll post a picture to show exactly what I'm talking about. Anyway, Joyce displays her ornaments and garland on these really cool tinsel trees. I know they can be expensive, but I've really been wanting to buy one this year. I looked in many different places and couldn't find what I was looking for at all. Until today. Yay Target! I found these great 16" tinsel trees in five different colors in the DOLLAR SECTION. That's right, one dollar each. The adorable matching felt tree skirts, edged in satin ribbon, are also a mere dollar a piece. Remarkable!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh cool! Looks like I'll be headed to Target tomorrow!! Most of the ones I've seen were closer to $100. I must say, though, this is freaking me out somewhat. I can't believe how little time there is left until Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I went to the Target by Washington Square today. No trees. If you happen to see any more when you are out and about let me know!!

textile_fetish said...

AH! Thanks for that tip! I'm going to run out to Target for that, since I'm doing a couple of craft shows and need a festive element to my set-up. I totally noticed last time I was in Target that they were going for that "retro" holiday feel in that sort of 1950s color scheme.

Meegan Blue said...

They're hard to find...they come with the branches folded up so it just looks like a big, thick tinsel stick. When I found them they were way down at the bottom of the shelf. I hope that helps...

Anonymous said...

Found 'em. I've decided the Target closest to me sucks. I got mine at the one on NE 122nd -- stopped in on my way to Fabric Depot.

beki said...

OMG, what an awesome find! I'll have to look for them at my local Target.